9 million sleepless in U.S. depend on pills
August 29, 2013 (WLS) -- A lot of sleepless people are depending on pills to get a good night's rest.
A new government study suggests nearly nine million adults nationwide resort to prescription sleeping pills to get enough shuteye.
Researcher found most of them are white, female and educated or age 50 and older.
Medical experts say it's better to treat the real problem, which can range from an illness to poor sleeping habits.
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 18 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 36 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
52 min ago
- Cooking With Fish
14 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
49 min ago