Exercise intensity more important than time
September 2, 2013 (WLS) -- The intensity of your exercise is more important than how long you do it when it comes to keeping weight off.
Just a few extra minutes of brisk activity can help protect you from obesity. Less than 5 percent of us get the recommended level of physical exertion each week.
Research shows that short, but high intensity exercise still benefits the body mass index. Each extra minute decreased the odds of obesity by from 2-5 percent.
The study is in the American Journal of Health Promotion.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 29 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 42 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 28 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 45 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
28 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos