Study: Married people may live longer
September 23, 2013 (WLS) -- Is marriage good for your health? A new study suggests married people may live longer.
Harvard researchers studied people with various cancers in including lung, prostate, breast and others. They found that those who were married got diagnosed earlier. Also, their cancers were less likely to have spread and they were more likely to survive.
Other studies have shown that singles have more heart disease and possibly earlier deaths.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 1 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 58 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor