OxyElite Pro linked to liver damage
October 9, 2013 (WLS) -- Two dozen cases of liver damage in Hawaii are now blamed on a popular weight loss product.
One patient has died and the manufacturer is now stopping distribution of the supplement OxyElite Pro.
Eleven patients were hospitalized for acute hepatitis and two received liver transplants.
A 48-year-old mother of 7 died.
All had been using OxyElite Pro.
The original version of the product was changed to eliminate an ingredient linked to serious illness.
The company stands by the safety of the current supplement.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos