OxyElite Pro linked to liver damage
October 9, 2013 (WLS) -- Two dozen cases of liver damage in Hawaii are now blamed on a popular weight loss product.
One patient has died and the manufacturer is now stopping distribution of the supplement OxyElite Pro.
Eleven patients were hospitalized for acute hepatitis and two received liver transplants.
A 48-year-old mother of 7 died.
All had been using OxyElite Pro.
The original version of the product was changed to eliminate an ingredient linked to serious illness.
The company stands by the safety of the current supplement.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 13 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos