Make time for doctor visit before travels
October 10, 2013 (WLS) -- Call your doctor if you're planning on traveling, especially internationally.
A new study shows people tend to rush to clinics just days before they leave. Many were too late to receive the recommended vaccines.
Also, doctors could not give them the proper guidance on how to stay healthy on their trip. Doctors say people with common conditions like diabetes are at a higher risk for illness abroad.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
2 min ago