Make time for doctor visit before travels
October 10, 2013 (WLS) -- Call your doctor if you're planning on traveling, especially internationally.
A new study shows people tend to rush to clinics just days before they leave. Many were too late to receive the recommended vaccines.
Also, doctors could not give them the proper guidance on how to stay healthy on their trip. Doctors say people with common conditions like diabetes are at a higher risk for illness abroad.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 21 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 54 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 21 min ago
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor