Doctors warn of medical spa laser treatments
October 17, 2013 (WLS) -- Cosmetic laser treatments are now being performed at med spas and some physicians say this can be dangerous to a patient's health.
Med spas offer cosmetic laser procedures which may be performed by someone who is not a doctor.
More than three-quarters of current lawsuits involving laser procedures are against non-doctors.
Physicians say while it is legal in most states to perform laser procedures without a medical degree at med spas, it is not always safe.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 28 min ago
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport