Study: Flu shot critical for those with heart disease
October 22, 2013 (WLS) -- If you have heart disease, a flu shot is especially critical, according to a new study.
Researchers at the University of Toronto looked at patients with coronary disease and found that those who had gotten a flu shot had a lower risk of heart problems.
A circulatory system that's already weakened by cardiovascular disease does not stand up to the flu well.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913