Study: Coffee hydrates as much as water
January 9, 2014 (WLS) -- A new study suggests the assumption that coffee can dehydrate the body just doesn't hold water.
British researchers tested 50 men in two groups. One group drank four cups of black coffee a day, while the other had four mugs of water.
Ten days later, each group swapped what they drank. Coffee drinkers switched to water and vice versa.
Scientists found that coffee hydrated the body as much as water.
- Lake Shore Drive closed Wilson to Foster 7 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos