Study: Coffee hydrates as much as water
January 9, 2014 (WLS) -- A new study suggests the assumption that coffee can dehydrate the body just doesn't hold water.
British researchers tested 50 men in two groups. One group drank four cups of black coffee a day, while the other had four mugs of water.
Ten days later, each group swapped what they drank. Coffee drinkers switched to water and vice versa.
Scientists found that coffee hydrated the body as much as water.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77