Police dispatchers use treadmills at work
January 10, 2014 (WLS) -- A Sheriff's department in Kansas has found a way to help keep it's 911 dispatchers alert and in shape at the same time.
Workers now have the option of walking on a treadmill.
The Sheriff's department says it added the machines because dispatchers can't leave their work stations.
For safety reasons there is no running or jogging allowed but if a dispatcher wants to stop, all they have to do is push a button.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer