Police dispatchers use treadmills at work
January 10, 2014 (WLS) -- A Sheriff's department in Kansas has found a way to help keep it's 911 dispatchers alert and in shape at the same time.
Workers now have the option of walking on a treadmill.
The Sheriff's department says it added the machines because dispatchers can't leave their work stations.
For safety reasons there is no running or jogging allowed but if a dispatcher wants to stop, all they have to do is push a button.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game