Asian Americans least likely to be obese
January 15, 2014 (WLS) -- According to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Asian Americans are the least likely Americans to be overweight or obese.
It reveals that that 38.6 percent of Asian American adults have a body mass index over 25, the threshold for being considered overweight.
That is far below the 66.7 percent rate among Whites, 76.7 percent rate among Blacks and 78.8 percent rate among Latinos.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home