I-Team obtains first picture of Indiana militia arsenal
April 14, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- The FBI seized 46 guns and 13,000 rounds of ammunition from a Whiting, Indiana home that agents said were being stockpiled for a Christian militia war on police and the government.
The evidence was hauled away after a raid late last month on the home of Thomas Piatek. Authorities have charged Piatek and eight other defendants who were members of a Michigan militia organization called the "Hutaree." Members believed that they were commissioned to fight "the anti-Christ" that was being supported by government authorities and law enforcement.
The cache of weapons is pictured in a photograph obtained by the I-Team from evidence released Wednesday by the U.S. Attorney in Detroit, where Piatek and the others are being held without bond on in connection with a plot to murder police. The type and caliber of the weapons is detailed in a search warrant inventory, also obtained from the court file in Detroit.
i-team, chuck goudie
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 7 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 31 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 13 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 23 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
7 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
31 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
13 min ago