I-Team obtains first picture of Indiana militia arsenal
April 14, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- The FBI seized 46 guns and 13,000 rounds of ammunition from a Whiting, Indiana home that agents said were being stockpiled for a Christian militia war on police and the government.
The evidence was hauled away after a raid late last month on the home of Thomas Piatek. Authorities have charged Piatek and eight other defendants who were members of a Michigan militia organization called the "Hutaree." Members believed that they were commissioned to fight "the anti-Christ" that was being supported by government authorities and law enforcement.
The cache of weapons is pictured in a photograph obtained by the I-Team from evidence released Wednesday by the U.S. Attorney in Detroit, where Piatek and the others are being held without bond on in connection with a plot to murder police. The type and caliber of the weapons is detailed in a search warrant inventory, also obtained from the court file in Detroit.
i-team, chuck goudie
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 20 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area 13 min ago
- UL Holiday Safety Tips
16 min ago