Judge: Trial for suspect in Mumbai attack to continue
April 12, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The trial of a Chicago man charged in connection with the 2008 terrorist attacks in India will proceed as planned.
Tahawwur Rana appeared at a preliminary hearing Monday. The judge said the May 16th trial will continue as scheduled.
Rana is accused of providing cover for a man who admitted to scouting locations for the Mumbai attack. The bombing killed more than 160 people.
Rana is pleading not guilty.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence 14 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake