Tahawwur Rana denied new trial
June 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Defendant Tahawwur Hussain Rana was denied his motions for new trial and for judgment of acquittal by District Judge Harry Leinenweber Thursday.Rana was convicted of knowingly conspiring to provide material support to a terrorist conspiracy to maim and murder people in Denmark and of providing material support to the terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Tayyiba. The jury found that no one died as a result of his actions.
Rana was acquitted of conspiring to provide material support to the conspiracies to bomb public places in the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India, where 168 people were killed.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial 54 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 39 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space 55 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos