Dylan Quick named as suspect in Texas community college stabbing spree
April 9, 2013 (CYPRESS, Texas) (WLS) -- The I-Team has new developments to report in the latest episode of campus violence.
The attacker was in custody Tuesday evening after cutting or stabbing 15 people on one of the Lone Star College campuses near Houston.
The I-Team has learned that police have identified the man as 20-year-old Dylan Quick, a student at the college.
At least one of the victims is now in critical condition after authorities say Quick slashed them with an X-Acto-style knife.
While at the campus police station, Quick allegedly said he was planning to murder as many people as possible but that the blade of the knife broke.
A motive is not clear, according to investigators.
Quick is hearing impaired, according to neighbors.
Friends say Quick was studying accounting and planned to transfer to the University of Houston.
The suspect was tackled and stopped by other students, but not before he ran a path and used the knife to attack 15 students. Some were taken to the hospital by ambulance. Others were airlifted by medevac helicopters.
Tuesday it was a knife attack. Three months ago at the same community college there was a shooting incident on campus in which several people were wounded.
iteam, chuck goudie
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas