Police shoot dogs let loose after gang fight
November 9, 2005 (WLS) -- Chicago police shot and killed three dogs believed to be pit bulls on Chicago's South Side Wednesday afternoon.
Police are still putting together the details of what happened, but they said that they did shoot at about four dogs, three of them were killed, a fourth dog was possibly injure, and they are still searching for a dog that may still be loose in the neighborhood.
This incident happened a in the 2200 block of South Christiana. Member of two rival gangs got into a fight, and when police were called to break it up, someone opened the door to a nearby house and let out the dogs who then charged at the police.
Neighbors who live in the neighborhood who witnessed everything say that this happens a lot, that several dogs roam the neighborhood and often sometimes terrorize the neighbors.
"They're big dogs, and they need to have the pound come out here because there's always dogs loose over here. Always. And sometimes in the morning if you are walking past, they are out loose and will bark at you like they're going to bite you. It is just not safe to have the dogs loose like that," said Cindy Martinez, area resident.
Two teenagers -- Javier Mora, 17, and Luis Flores, 18, -- were charged in the case. They are accused of letting the dogs loose.
You can see the ABC7 report by clicking on the video icon above. You will need Windows Media Player 9 or higher to view this video. You can get it FREE by clicking here. NOTE: Video clips will only be available for 5-days from the date they were created. ALSO: Video clips will play in a separate window on Mac OS X machines, you may also see a video help screen.
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago