Woman killed in police car crash
November 23, 2005 (WLS) -- A woman was killed after a crash involving a Chicago police squad car. A baby and a police lieutenant were also injured. The squad car was headed to an emergency call Tuesday night when it collided with an SUV near 63rd and Saint Lawrence.
Investigators say the lights and sirens were on.
A number of bystanders at the intersection saw the squad car approach and say the driver of the SUV may have pulled into the path of the squad car. Several people rushed to help.
Betty Salters, 56, died at the hospital. A two-year-old child is hospitalized in good condition. The officer was treated and released. The woman who was driving the SUV was not hurt.
So far, no charges have been filed.
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos