Deerfield passes smoking ban
December 19, 2005 (WLS) -- Lighting up in public will be nearly impossible for smokers in one north suburban community.
Trustees made Deerfield the latest town in Illinois to snuff out smoking in public places Monday.
The ordinance bans smoking in bars and restaurants, places of employment and even in parks and on school grounds. It passed by a unanimous vote.
The smoking ban in Deerfield takes effect March 1.
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence 56 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77