CPD investigates 'inappropriate' photos of Midway crash
December 22, 2005 (WLS) -- Several Chicago police officers may be getting in trouble for apparently taking some souvenir photos of themselves next to that Southwest Airlines jet that crashed outside Midway Airport.
The pictures are now making the rounds on the Internet. They appear to show several plainclothes officers posing in front of the plane and close-up shots of damaged vehicles.
A spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department says the photos are "regrettable and inappropriate."
The department is still looking into whether the officers were assigned to the crash scene or used their police credentials to get close to the crash or onto the airfield.
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 16 min ago
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos