CPD investigates 'inappropriate' photos of Midway crash
December 22, 2005 (WLS) -- Several Chicago police officers may be getting in trouble for apparently taking some souvenir photos of themselves next to that Southwest Airlines jet that crashed outside Midway Airport.
The pictures are now making the rounds on the Internet. They appear to show several plainclothes officers posing in front of the plane and close-up shots of damaged vehicles.
A spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department says the photos are "regrettable and inappropriate."
The department is still looking into whether the officers were assigned to the crash scene or used their police credentials to get close to the crash or onto the airfield.
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 32 min ago
- Chicago typhoon relief shipments reach the Philippines 2 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed 55 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 To Go 3-10-14
49 min ago