CPD investigates 'inappropriate' photos of Midway crash
December 22, 2005 (WLS) -- Several Chicago police officers may be getting in trouble for apparently taking some souvenir photos of themselves next to that Southwest Airlines jet that crashed outside Midway Airport.
The pictures are now making the rounds on the Internet. They appear to show several plainclothes officers posing in front of the plane and close-up shots of damaged vehicles.
A spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department says the photos are "regrettable and inappropriate."
The department is still looking into whether the officers were assigned to the crash scene or used their police credentials to get close to the crash or onto the airfield.
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout