Search is on for missing police dog
February 20, 2006 (WLS) -- A Chicago police dog is missing. The dog's name is Bart. He escaped from 83rd and Pulaski around 11 a.m. Monday morning.
Bart does narcotics and patrol work for the 8th District on the city's Southwest Side. He is a 75 pound black Shepard with a white chest and tan paws. He was last seen wearing a silver choke collar.
"They are family and it's a real emotional blow to lose your dog," said James Owen, Chicago Police Department.
Bart's handler says the dog is not vicious. If you think you've seen Bart, call the city's non-emergency number at 3-1-1.
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 30 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
39 min ago