Search is on for missing police dog
February 20, 2006 (WLS) -- A Chicago police dog is missing. The dog's name is Bart. He escaped from 83rd and Pulaski around 11 a.m. Monday morning.
Bart does narcotics and patrol work for the 8th District on the city's Southwest Side. He is a 75 pound black Shepard with a white chest and tan paws. He was last seen wearing a silver choke collar.
"They are family and it's a real emotional blow to lose your dog," said James Owen, Chicago Police Department.
Bart's handler says the dog is not vicious. If you think you've seen Bart, call the city's non-emergency number at 3-1-1.
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos