Search is on for missing police dog
February 20, 2006 (WLS) -- A Chicago police dog is missing. The dog's name is Bart. He escaped from 83rd and Pulaski around 11 a.m. Monday morning.
Bart does narcotics and patrol work for the 8th District on the city's Southwest Side. He is a 75 pound black Shepard with a white chest and tan paws. He was last seen wearing a silver choke collar.
"They are family and it's a real emotional blow to lose your dog," said James Owen, Chicago Police Department.
Bart's handler says the dog is not vicious. If you think you've seen Bart, call the city's non-emergency number at 3-1-1.
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 56 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Signs of spring under blanket of snow
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
3 min ago
- Festival Fridays
6 min ago