Deadly police shooting on West Side
May 17, 2006 (WLS) -- An investigation is underway into a deadly police shooting on the city's West Side.
Officers were responding to reports of a man with a gun on North Monticello near Division. They say when they arrived, the suspect started running. A sergeant gave chase. The sergeant opened fire when the suspect allegedly pointed a gun at him.
Police say they recovered a semi-automatic pistol on the man.
No one else was hurt.
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos