Police standoff in Park Forest
July 2, 2006 (Last Updated: 10:12:35 PM) (Park Forest, IL) (WLS) -- Police in Chicago's south suburbs have arrested a man they say touched off a neighborhood evacuation. For nearly five hours Sunday afternoon SWAT teams surrounded a home near Allegheny and Appache in Park Forest.
Police were called to the area after they say a 19-year old shot another man in the leg there.
The victim had surgery and remained hospitalized Sunday night.
Authorities weren't sure whether the suspect ran back into his house after the shooting. So a SWAT team surrounded it and evacuated neighbors.
The suspect was arrested hours later during a traffic stop in Matteson. So far, he has not been charged.
You can see the ABC7 report by clicking on the video icon above. You will need Windows Media Player to view this video. You can get it FREE by clicking here. NOTE: Video clips will only be available for 5-days from the date they were created. ALSO: Video clips will play in a separate window on Mac OS X machines, you may also see a video help screen.
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 26 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL 23 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 29 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 13 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77