FAA investigating mid-air incident
July 3, 2006 (WLS) -- The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating an incident involving two planes in the skies over Ottawa, Illinois, Sunday.
An American Airlines jet bound for O'Hare from Arkansas came within 1,500 feet vertical and 4 miles horizontal of a plane for skydivers.
A collision avoidance alarm sounded in the American airlines jet and the pilot made sure the planes did not collide.
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 38 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
4 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
4 min ago