FAA investigating mid-air incident
July 3, 2006 (WLS) -- The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating an incident involving two planes in the skies over Ottawa, Illinois, Sunday.
An American Airlines jet bound for O'Hare from Arkansas came within 1,500 feet vertical and 4 miles horizontal of a plane for skydivers.
A collision avoidance alarm sounded in the American airlines jet and the pilot made sure the planes did not collide.
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 53 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand