Illinois tourist killed while asking for directions in Miami, police say
July 30, 2006 -- Miami police say they're searching for a man who allegedly robbed and killed an Illinois tourist who had stopped to ask for directions in the city's Coconut Grove neighborhood.
Police say Ronald Gentile got lost in Coconut Grove yesterday afternoon and rolled down his window to ask directions. That's when an unidentified man allegedly robbed Gentile and fatally shot him.
The man -- who police say was dressed all in black -- fled the scene. Police are asking the public for tips that might help solve the case.
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant