Officers injured in chase, crash
July 30, 2006 -- Two Chicago police officers suffered minor injuries while chasing a suspect Sunday afternoon. The chase ended when the suspect lost control of his car on the Kennedy Expressway near Damen.
An officer tried to give the driver a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Chicago police say the suspect took off in the car, which struck the officer. That officer then chased the car and another officer joined the pursuit.
Both officers were involved in a crash while attempting to stop the suspect.
The suspect was taken into custody.
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake