Officers injured in chase, crash
July 30, 2006 -- Two Chicago police officers suffered minor injuries while chasing a suspect Sunday afternoon. The chase ended when the suspect lost control of his car on the Kennedy Expressway near Damen.
An officer tried to give the driver a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Chicago police say the suspect took off in the car, which struck the officer. That officer then chased the car and another officer joined the pursuit.
Both officers were involved in a crash while attempting to stop the suspect.
The suspect was taken into custody.
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood 51 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures? 49 min ago
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open 12 min ago
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security 41 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school...
49 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
2 min ago
- Kellie Pickler, Derek Hough win 'DWTS;'...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos