Park Forest police officers shoot man during robbery sting
August 27, 2006 (Park Forest, IL) (WLS) -- Park Forest police officers shot a man overnight during an attempted robbery. Two plain-clothes officers were investigating a series of armed robberies of pizza deliverymen.
The officers were posed as deliverymen in the 300 block of Oakwood when they were confronted by two men.
Investigators say the men demanded money and one pointed a gun at an officer.
Officers shot the man and the other man fled on foot but was caught.
The injured man is expected to recover. Both men face several charges.
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot