Man dies after being shot by police with beanbag weapon
September 21, 2006 (WLS) -- A northwest suburban man has died after being shot by police with a beanbag weapon.
Authorities in McHenry County say 43-year old David Maxson was shot Saturday at a home in Wonder Lake. They say he had lunged at officers with a knife.
A beanbag shotgun is usually considered a non-lethal weapon. Maxson was hit twice in chest and once in head. His fiance says he was mentally ill, depressed and suicidal when police were called to the home.
Investigators say Maxson's death Wednesday night was a tragedy, but they say, it appears officers followed proper procedure.
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 1 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 46 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 37 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77