One man killed and police officer wounded in Robbins
November 18, 2006 (WLS) -- One man is dead after a police shooting in the south suburbs and his relatives have questions -- because the officer involved in Saturday's incident also shot him before. The latest shooting happened Saturday morning outside an apartment complex in Robbins.
Police say they had received disturbance calls from the area all night long.
An officer who responded was wounded. 33-year-old Philip Lloyd was killed.
It's not clear if they shot each other or if the bullets came from somewhere else.
Lloyd was suing the Robbins police -- after the same officer shot him in the back two years ago.
The chief of the Robbins police department released a statement saying, "we have grave concerns about the major incident in Robbins &I trust the investigation conducted by the Illinois state police public integrity unit will shed light on what in fact happened.
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Weekender Saturday Edition 12-7-13
50 min ago
- Let's Dish: Chocolate Crepes
33 min ago