Two hurt as SUV hits building
November 19, 2006 (WLS) -- Two people were sent to the hospital overnight after a vehicle crashes into a building in a south suburb. The vehicle slammed into a building on 127th Street in Calumet Park. It's not known what caused the crash.
Investigators believe the building had a nail salon downstairs and an apartment up above.
That apartment was occupied at the time of the crash and had to be evacuated.
"Major damage right now, the building is compromised. The building inspector is coming out to give us his review and we'll go from there," said Lt. Donald Rush of the Calumet Park Fire Dept.
The two injured people were taken to local hospitals for treatment. There's no word on their conditions.
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos