Two hurt as SUV hits building
November 19, 2006 (WLS) -- Two people were sent to the hospital overnight after a vehicle crashes into a building in a south suburb. The vehicle slammed into a building on 127th Street in Calumet Park. It's not known what caused the crash.
Investigators believe the building had a nail salon downstairs and an apartment up above.
That apartment was occupied at the time of the crash and had to be evacuated.
"Major damage right now, the building is compromised. The building inspector is coming out to give us his review and we'll go from there," said Lt. Donald Rush of the Calumet Park Fire Dept.
The two injured people were taken to local hospitals for treatment. There's no word on their conditions.
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 9 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 16 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 35 min ago