Marchers protest deadly CPD shooting
November 27, 2006 (WLS) -- Extra police officers had to control a crowd marching through the streets on Chicago's South Side Monday night. Dozens of people marched near 63rd and Langley protesting a deadly shooting involving a Chicago police officer.
Some of the protestors were arrested.
On November 18, Michael Smith was shot and killed by Chicago police. Police say Smith tried to grab the officer's gun.
Some witnesses say the officer was not in uniform and didn't identify himself.
The initial police investigation said the officer followed proper procedure.
Smith's family is considering a lawsuit.
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home 38 min ago
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 13 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 9 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
53 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
56 min ago