Relatives speak against gun violence at Posey funeral
December 23, 2006 (WLS) -- A funeral was held Saturday for Willie Posey. Posey was the bodyguard and friend of Chicago Bear Tank Johnson.
Many relatives attending the funeral spoke out against guns and violence.
Willie Posey was shot to death while visiting a River North nightclub with Johnson last weekend. Police are still looking for the gunman.
Posey's cousin talked about how he hopes he will be remembered.
"As a great man, a great father figure. I looked up to him growing up. It's just, you know, wrong place at the wrong time. That's how I feel. Just a victim of circumstances, basically," said Jerry Sanders, Posey's cousin.
The funeral home told ABC7 news that Johnson had been advised not to attend the funeral. However, he wrote a tribute for Posey's obituary.
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 33 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute