Teen shot and killed by Chicago police
February 11, 2007 (WLS) -- A police shooting late Saturday night results in the death of a 15-year old boy after an alleged attempt to rob an undercover detective on the South Side. It happened in the 8000 block of South Spaulding.
Recently, there have been several pizza drivers who have been held up in the area.
Police say an undercover officer, posing as a pizza worker, was trying to make a delivery when he was approached by three people.
"One of them is armed, demanding the pizza and the money. At this point, one of the individuals from the robbery team fired on the armed offender. He was hit. He was DOA on the scene. Another offender was hit in the foot," said Pat Camden of Chicago Police News Affairs.
The injuries to the person shot in the foot are not life threatening. A third person is in custody but has not been charged.
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 20 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 4 min ago
- Chicago typhoon relief shipments reach the Philippines 28 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute