Teenager releases hostages without incident
February 25, 2007 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police say they've resolved a hostage situation on the city's South Side without incident.
Spokeswoman Monique Bond says an armed 19-year-old man took four people hostage in an apartment on the 8400 block of South Bennett around one a-m today.
Bond says the hostages included a 12-year-old girl, a five-year-old girl, a five-year-old boy and an adult woman.
Police believe the children were the man's siblings and the female was a babysitter or acquaintance. Bond says the man's mother owned the apartment.
The children were released around eight-30 a-m and the woman at around ten a-m.
The man surrendered shortly afterward.
No injuries were reported and no shots were fired.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap