Teenager releases hostages without incident
February 25, 2007 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police say they've resolved a hostage situation on the city's South Side without incident.
Spokeswoman Monique Bond says an armed 19-year-old man took four people hostage in an apartment on the 8400 block of South Bennett around one a-m today.
Bond says the hostages included a 12-year-old girl, a five-year-old girl, a five-year-old boy and an adult woman.
Police believe the children were the man's siblings and the female was a babysitter or acquaintance. Bond says the man's mother owned the apartment.
The children were released around eight-30 a-m and the woman at around ten a-m.
The man surrendered shortly afterward.
No injuries were reported and no shots were fired.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed 27 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 51 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 37 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- Starbucks to allow customers to tip via app 12 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
17 min ago