Police warn of knife attacks in Edgewater neighborhood
March 17, 2007 (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning people to be careful because, they say, a man armed with a knife is attacking people on the city's North Side.
There have been four attacks in three days in the Edgewater neighborhood. Victims tell police twenties that a man in his mid- dressed in a black hooded sweatshirt ran up behind them and slashed them on their necks and face.
Three of the attacks happened between 9 and 11 at night. One attack happened around 8 in the morning.
Police are urging people to be on alert.
"He's attacked only people walking by themselves have somebody with you. Be aware of your surroundings. He's approached from behind on everyone. Keep your eyes and ears open," said lt. Anthony Riccio, Chicago Police Department.
Police believe the attacks are random because the suspect has not demanded money and he has assaulted both males and females.
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 25 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 31 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 10 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
25 min ago