One killed in police-involved shooting
March 23, 2007 (WLS) -- A police-involved shooting on the West Side left one person dead Friday. It happened just before 6 p.m. on West Division and North Harding.
Police say two officers tried to pull over a speeding driver. They say the driver kept going and was later found in his car in an alley. Police say when they approached the driver, he ran over one of the officers' foot and kept going, pinning the officer against a post.
"At this point he's in fear of his life, he drew his weapon, fired shots into the windshield of the vehicle fatally wounding the offender," said Pat Camden, Chicago police news affairs.
The officer was taken to the hospital where he was examined.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 47 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77