One killed in police-involved shooting
March 23, 2007 (WLS) -- A police-involved shooting on the West Side left one person dead Friday. It happened just before 6 p.m. on West Division and North Harding.
Police say two officers tried to pull over a speeding driver. They say the driver kept going and was later found in his car in an alley. Police say when they approached the driver, he ran over one of the officers' foot and kept going, pinning the officer against a post.
"At this point he's in fear of his life, he drew his weapon, fired shots into the windshield of the vehicle fatally wounding the offender," said Pat Camden, Chicago police news affairs.
The officer was taken to the hospital where he was examined.
The incident is still under investigation.
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot