Police involved in fatal Northwest Side shooting
June 10, 2007 (WLS) -- A man shot to death Saturday night by Chicago police has been identified.
Officers say they shot 34-year old Shannon Kraft after he came at them with a machette and a bayonet.
Police had gone to his home on West Winnemac after receiving a call about a man with knives. Officers say they were searching Kraft's home, when they opened one door and found him.
Chicago police held a roundtable discussion Sunday to determine if the shooting was justified. Results are expected Monday.
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home 25 min ago
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 1 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
40 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
43 min ago