Chicago police officer found dead at Southwest Side home
June 17, 2007 (WLS) -- Officer Al Hernandez lived in the 2100 block of West 23rd Street. He had been off-duty when his body was found in a gangway Sunday morning.
Hernandez was in his 30's. Police are conducting a death investigation to determine what happened.
Neighbors say he will be missed.
"He was a real good cop. He made sure things got done. Great guy," said neighbor Dwain Rannals.
Hernandez worked as an officer for about 10 years in the Ogden District.
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home