Chicago police officer found dead at Southwest Side home
June 17, 2007 (WLS) -- Officer Al Hernandez lived in the 2100 block of West 23rd Street. He had been off-duty when his body was found in a gangway Sunday morning.
Hernandez was in his 30's. Police are conducting a death investigation to determine what happened.
Neighbors say he will be missed.
"He was a real good cop. He made sure things got done. Great guy," said neighbor Dwain Rannals.
Hernandez worked as an officer for about 10 years in the Ogden District.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD