Rev. Jackson speaking harsh words against Riverdale police
June 24, 2007 (WLS) -- Reverend Jesse Jackson is saying a gun shop owner has a "chokehold" on suburban Riverdale police, after he was arrested Saturday.
Father Pfleger and Reverend Jackson were charged with criminal trespassing for allegedly blocking the entrance to Chuck's Gun Shop along with other protesters. But Reverend Jackson and Father Pfleger say the owner of the shop, John Riggio, pushed him and that police wouldn't let him file a complaint against Riggio.
"John Riggio says, 'Arrest these two.' They arrested us for trespassing in a place we never went into," Pfleger said.
"The power of a gun shop owner to have a chokehold on the police is intimidating," Jackson said.
Riverdale police say Reverend Jackson did file a complaint . They are preparing for him to pick it up on Monday morning.
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd 5 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Photos: SXSW accident in downtown Austin
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit 48 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Public transit is good for your health, study finds
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
29 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
57 min ago