Weekend fundraiser planned for missing Plainfield woman
July 20, 2007 (WLS) -- A garage sale will be held this weekend to help the family of Lisa Stebic, a Plainfield mother who disappeared over two months ago.
Lenore Long organized the sale, which runs through Sunday in the Harmony Grove subdivision in Naperville.
Long's daughter, Kristine, works near the Stebic home in Plainfield and asked to do something to help the family of the missing woman.
Long passed out 300 flyers asking for donations and more than two dozen people responded. Long raised over $1100 Friday. She will turn the money over the Stebic family to fund the ongoing search for the missing mother of two.
Last week, investigators officially named Stebic's husband, Craig, as a person of interest in her disappearance.
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport