Weekend fundraiser planned for missing Plainfield woman
July 20, 2007 (WLS) -- A garage sale will be held this weekend to help the family of Lisa Stebic, a Plainfield mother who disappeared over two months ago.
Lenore Long organized the sale, which runs through Sunday in the Harmony Grove subdivision in Naperville.
Long's daughter, Kristine, works near the Stebic home in Plainfield and asked to do something to help the family of the missing woman.
Long passed out 300 flyers asking for donations and more than two dozen people responded. Long raised over $1100 Friday. She will turn the money over the Stebic family to fund the ongoing search for the missing mother of two.
Last week, investigators officially named Stebic's husband, Craig, as a person of interest in her disappearance.
- Malaysia Airlines reports plane missing 3 min ago
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 19 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD 25 min ago