France denies extradition request
August 23, 2007 (WLS) -- The man suspected in the murder of a Chicago doctor will not be extradited to the United States. Dr. David Cornbleet was murdered in his Michigan Avenue office last October.
The man seen in surveillance video from Cornbleet's building is believed to be Hans Peterson. He surrendered to police on the Caribbean island of St. Martin and has allegedly confessed. He also reportedly obtained French citizenship.
France has denied a request to have Peterson sent to this country.
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant