10 millionth rider goes for spin on Navy Pier ferris wheel
September 13, 2007 (CHICAGO) -- Debbie Curulewski of New Lenox was the 10 millionth rider on the Chicago Navy Pier Ferris wheel Thursday.
Officials calculated the 10 millionth rider based on rider average statistics. The average rides on the Ferris wheel each month are about 63,500.
Curulewski received several prizes including two airline tickets to London, tickets for the London Eye, a gift certificate for McDonald's and a one-year pass to the Ferris wheel.
The Navy Pier Ferris wheel opened on July 1st, 1995.
The wheel is 15 stories high and takes seven and a half minutes to finish one rotation.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD