Friends and family search for missing Bolingbrook woman
November 4, 2007 (WLS) -- Friends, family and volunteers are still searching for missing suburban mother, Stacy Peterson. She hasn't been seen since last Sunday. They searched Saturday, but her husband sergeant Drew Peterson did not join them.
Friends Of Bolingbrook Police Sergeant Drew Peterson say he's had enough.
"He just needed to clear his head, and he got the kids away from here, and I was here to watch the kids. They're in good hands. Now my job here is done," said Rick Mims, Drew Peterson's friend.
Mims says Peterson has been put on administrative leave from the police department while state police search for his wife Stacy, who hasn't been seen since last Sunday. Peterson left his house on his motorcycle on Friday dressed in a disguise.
"He's left the area and that's all I've got to say about that," Mims said.
Mims says Drew Peterson wanted to escape from media attention and any speculation that he may have played a role in the disappearance of his wife.
"She told me Friday night that she feared for her life and that she said that if she disappeared to find her and that's why I'm here," said Cassandra Cales, missing woman's sister.
Days before Stacy was reported missing, her sister says she told her she wanted out of the marriage.
"She was on anti-depressants because of him. The way he controlled her, the way he treated her, she was trying to keep the marriage together because of those kids," Cales said.
On Saturday, search parties combed a nearby park for clues and passed out flyers hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.
"There's no possible way she would have left without those babies, there's no possible way," said Jamie Holt, family friend.
"She wouldn't have let her family suffer like this. She has a really big heart and she wouldn't have been able to stand it," said Kaitlyn Holt, babysitter for Peterson kids.
Illinois State Police have searched the Peterson home and the hangar where Peterson keeps his plane. Police say he has been cooperative during the investigation, which they are still calling a missing person case.
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 16 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 15 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
42 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
37 min ago