Chicago police officer injured after rushing into burning building
November 24, 2007 (WLS) -- A Chicago police officer was taken to the hospital after he rushed into a burning building on the West Side Saturday.
The fire happened about 12:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of West Warren Avenue. The officer rushed in to see if anyone was inside.
Fire officials say the officer inhaled a lot of smoke. He was taken to Rush University Medical Center to be checked out. As of Saturday evening, he was in good condition.
No one was home when the fire began.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD