Chicago police officer injured after rushing into burning building
November 24, 2007 (WLS) -- A Chicago police officer was taken to the hospital after he rushed into a burning building on the West Side Saturday.
The fire happened about 12:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of West Warren Avenue. The officer rushed in to see if anyone was inside.
Fire officials say the officer inhaled a lot of smoke. He was taken to Rush University Medical Center to be checked out. As of Saturday evening, he was in good condition.
No one was home when the fire began.
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 41 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 6 min ago
- Families' hopes for ferry victims painfully humble 43 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Kentucky Inmate Starves to Death 11 min ago
- 7 in :77