Family wants Drew Peterson to take lie detector test
Friday, November 30, 2007
November 30, 2007 (BOLINGBROOK, Ill.) -- Stacy Peterson's family is calling on her husband, Drew, to take a lie detector test.
The missing woman's relatives say the test could prove Drew Peterson's theories surrounding his wife Stacy's disappearance. She was last seen October 28.
Drew Peterson, 53, has denied wrongdoing, saying he believes 23-year-old Stacy left him for another man and is alive. Peterson has since resigned from the Bolingbrook police force.
Volunteers helping look for Stacy Peterson have apparently been told by police to look out for a 'blue barrel' that could been used to dispose of Stacy's body.
"If you stand by what you say, take a lie detector test," said Joel Brodsky, Drew Peterson's attorney.
"It really shows the lack of credibility of these statements that are coming out," said Pamela Bosco, Stacy Peterson's family spokesperson.
According to an Associated Press report, officers responded to Drew Peterson's house 18 times on domestic disturbance calls when he was married to his third wife, Kathleen Savio. But police never arrested him.
Department inquiry apparently found no indication that officers did anything wrong or violated procedure.
Kathleen Savio died in 2004. Police have said her death may have been a homicide staged to look like an accidental bathtub drowning. They are re-examining the case.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 25 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 50 min ago
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North 48 min ago
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado 18 min ago
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 29 min ago
- Lucas, Hobson donate $25M to After School Matters 31 min ago
- Atheists erect 8-foot 'A' in Chicago to mark holidays 40 min ago
- Report: R. Kelly mansion in Olympia Fields purchased
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
50 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
18 min ago
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in...
48 min ago