Murder suspect dies in jail
A man accused of killing a woman in her suburban Oak Brook Terrace home last Christmas has died in jail.
The Daily Herald is reporting 26-year-old Robert Rejda hung himself in his DuPage County Jail cell Friday morning. Authorities arrested Rejda for fatally beating 24-year-old Lauren Kiefer with a baseball bat while trying to rob her house last year.
Earlier this week a public defender requested to have Rejda's mental fitness evaluated after he demanded to plead guilty in exchange for a death sentence.
Read more about this story on our new partner the Daily Herald's website, DailyHerald.com.
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal 28 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ebertfest 2014 underway in Champaign
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game