Woman shot to death Bronzeville
A mother of two is shot to death while walking to her car in the Bronzeville neighborhood. This evening, family members are stunned by the violence.
"They killed her for nothing," said Carole Grandberry, mother of Margaret Lee. Lee, 41, was gunned down overnight near 40th and Prairie. She has a 22-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter.
"It feels like a bad dream," said Carol Lee.
Investigators say it was just before 1 a.m. as Lee and several other partygoers left a friend's wedding reception at a home here -- shots rang out. Witnesses claim it was as the group walked to their vehicles a gunman or gunmen appeared and simply opened fire. While the others escaped harm, Lee was struck five times and later died at an area hospital. As police investigate, Lee's family can't believe she was the intended target.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos