Woman shot to death Bronzeville
A mother of two is shot to death while walking to her car in the Bronzeville neighborhood. This evening, family members are stunned by the violence.
"They killed her for nothing," said Carole Grandberry, mother of Margaret Lee. Lee, 41, was gunned down overnight near 40th and Prairie. She has a 22-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter.
"It feels like a bad dream," said Carol Lee.
Investigators say it was just before 1 a.m. as Lee and several other partygoers left a friend's wedding reception at a home here -- shots rang out. Witnesses claim it was as the group walked to their vehicles a gunman or gunmen appeared and simply opened fire. While the others escaped harm, Lee was struck five times and later died at an area hospital. As police investigate, Lee's family can't believe she was the intended target.
- Fans subdued after Blackhawks lose Game 3
- Mysterious substance closes Indiana beaches
- Danny Green, Manu Ginobili lead Spurs to Game 5 win over Heat
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruins beat Hawks 2-0, take series lead 2-1
- Mother convicted of killing son exonerated
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- Bill Daley proposes plan to end pension deadlock
- Chicago violence kills 8; 46 shot over weekend
- Ex-Chicago Ald. Medrano convicted in bribery case
- Cops: Man crawled through window, abused girl
- Evanston man accused of stealing, selling, re-stealing car
- Chief Keef pleads guilty to speeding, faces 2nd paternity suit
- abcnews: NSA Leaker Alleges US Spied on Allies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos