Woman shot to death Bronzeville
A mother of two is shot to death while walking to her car in the Bronzeville neighborhood. This evening, family members are stunned by the violence.
"They killed her for nothing," said Carole Grandberry, mother of Margaret Lee. Lee, 41, was gunned down overnight near 40th and Prairie. She has a 22-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter.
"It feels like a bad dream," said Carol Lee.
Investigators say it was just before 1 a.m. as Lee and several other partygoers left a friend's wedding reception at a home here -- shots rang out. Witnesses claim it was as the group walked to their vehicles a gunman or gunmen appeared and simply opened fire. While the others escaped harm, Lee was struck five times and later died at an area hospital. As police investigate, Lee's family can't believe she was the intended target.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 26 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 32 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 6 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 37 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
40 min ago