Woman shot to death Bronzeville
A mother of two is shot to death while walking to her car in the Bronzeville neighborhood. This evening, family members are stunned by the violence.
"They killed her for nothing," said Carole Grandberry, mother of Margaret Lee. Lee, 41, was gunned down overnight near 40th and Prairie. She has a 22-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter.
"It feels like a bad dream," said Carol Lee.
Investigators say it was just before 1 a.m. as Lee and several other partygoers left a friend's wedding reception at a home here -- shots rang out. Witnesses claim it was as the group walked to their vehicles a gunman or gunmen appeared and simply opened fire. While the others escaped harm, Lee was struck five times and later died at an area hospital. As police investigate, Lee's family can't believe she was the intended target.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 43 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado 36 min ago
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 47 min ago
- Lucas, Hobson donate $25M to After School Matters 49 min ago
- Atheists erect 8-foot 'A' in Chicago to mark holidays 58 min ago
- Report: R. Kelly mansion in Olympia Fields purchased
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
36 min ago