Fire breaks out on UIC campus
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Fire crews fought a blaze at a University of Illinois-Chicago medical building Saturday.The fire began around 9 a.m. in the 800 block of South Wood Street. The UIC College of Pharmacy medical building contains both a laboratory and a pharmacy. Firefighters say, at first, the smoke appeared in more than one place in the six-story building, but the flames were on the fourth floor. Approximately, 20 students were inside the building and had to evacuate. "A fellow employee came by and said, 'Let's go.' We went inside to the cafeteria of the hospital, and there were flames shooting out of the fourth floor. There was soot and ashes just flying around," said student Jessica Gaines. No one was hurt in the fire. A preliminary report has found it was an electrical fire.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fire at storefront church in Gary, Indiana 27 min ago
- Mayor to create grocery store task force 4 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 3 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 30 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves...
3 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
30 min ago