Rezko asks judge to move up trial
Indicted political fundraiser Tony Rezko wants his fraud trial to begin earlier than scheduled.
On Monday a federal judge revoked bond and sent Rezko to jail. Judge Amy St. Eve decided his financial dealings suggested he might flee to avoid going to jail.
Rezko's accused of shaking down money management companies wanting to invest state pension funds.
His trial is set to begin February 25th. But, Rezko's lawyer told the judge Thursday his client would like the trial to begin sooner. However, the judge said that wasn't possible.
Rezko raised thousands of dollars for Senator Barack Obama and Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds