Rezko asks judge to move up trial
Indicted political fundraiser Tony Rezko wants his fraud trial to begin earlier than scheduled.
On Monday a federal judge revoked bond and sent Rezko to jail. Judge Amy St. Eve decided his financial dealings suggested he might flee to avoid going to jail.
Rezko's accused of shaking down money management companies wanting to invest state pension funds.
His trial is set to begin February 25th. But, Rezko's lawyer told the judge Thursday his client would like the trial to begin sooner. However, the judge said that wasn't possible.
Rezko raised thousands of dollars for Senator Barack Obama and Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell 40 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare' 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 14 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 50 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 48 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake