Rezko asks judge to move up trial
Indicted political fundraiser Tony Rezko wants his fraud trial to begin earlier than scheduled.
On Monday a federal judge revoked bond and sent Rezko to jail. Judge Amy St. Eve decided his financial dealings suggested he might flee to avoid going to jail.
Rezko's accused of shaking down money management companies wanting to invest state pension funds.
His trial is set to begin February 25th. But, Rezko's lawyer told the judge Thursday his client would like the trial to begin sooner. However, the judge said that wasn't possible.
Rezko raised thousands of dollars for Senator Barack Obama and Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 44 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 49 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 37 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 57 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos