Social worker killed in store shooting
A well-known high school social worker was one of the victims in the shooting at Lane Bryant in Tinley Park.
Carrie Hudek Chuisso, 33, is being remembered as a caring and dedicated faculty member at Homewood-Flossmor High School. She was hired as a social worker there in 2003, and graduated from that high school in 1993.
Some of her colleagues met at the school Saturday night to comfort each other. A spokesman for Homewood-Flossmor released this statement: Carrie was deeply loved by faculty and staff. She had a real touch with students. The entire Homewood Flossmoor family is deeply saddened.
Chuisso is one of five women who were killed Saturday morning a Lane Bryant clothing store. So far, police will not give any information about the other victims.
"We will not release any names until all family members are notified. The one thing I ask is that keep in prayers during this difficult time," said Tinley Park Police Chief Mike O'Connell.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 20 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears 7 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death 28 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way 46 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as alderman 45 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
52 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
20 min ago