Social worker killed in store shooting
A well-known high school social worker was one of the victims in the shooting at Lane Bryant in Tinley Park.
Carrie Hudek Chuisso, 33, is being remembered as a caring and dedicated faculty member at Homewood-Flossmor High School. She was hired as a social worker there in 2003, and graduated from that high school in 1993.
Some of her colleagues met at the school Saturday night to comfort each other. A spokesman for Homewood-Flossmor released this statement: Carrie was deeply loved by faculty and staff. She had a real touch with students. The entire Homewood Flossmoor family is deeply saddened.
Chuisso is one of five women who were killed Saturday morning a Lane Bryant clothing store. So far, police will not give any information about the other victims.
"We will not release any names until all family members are notified. The one thing I ask is that keep in prayers during this difficult time," said Tinley Park Police Chief Mike O'Connell.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 3 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 1 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 19 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 17 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 32 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
3 min ago