Social worker killed in store shooting
A well-known high school social worker was one of the victims in the shooting at Lane Bryant in Tinley Park.
Carrie Hudek Chuisso, 33, is being remembered as a caring and dedicated faculty member at Homewood-Flossmor High School. She was hired as a social worker there in 2003, and graduated from that high school in 1993.
Some of her colleagues met at the school Saturday night to comfort each other. A spokesman for Homewood-Flossmor released this statement: Carrie was deeply loved by faculty and staff. She had a real touch with students. The entire Homewood Flossmoor family is deeply saddened.
Chuisso is one of five women who were killed Saturday morning a Lane Bryant clothing store. So far, police will not give any information about the other victims.
"We will not release any names until all family members are notified. The one thing I ask is that keep in prayers during this difficult time," said Tinley Park Police Chief Mike O'Connell.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese 53 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand