Missing Chicago boy found dead
A missing Chicago boy has been found dead at a relative's home in Minneapolis.
Four-year-old Demond Reed had been missing since Wednesday. He was staying with relatives in Minneapolis.
Originally, police believed a family friend may have taken the boy and could be headed to Chicago. Sunday morning, police found Demond's body in the house where he was staying.
Police say they have someone in custody. The family says that person is a relative.
"You see it all the time, but you never think in your family. You never think. She had to snap. I don't know what's wrong with her. She needs help," said Charmon Brown, the boy's grandmother. "Now all I have is this picture, this memory of him with his smile. God has him and he's a child of God. He's in God's care."
Police say they are still talking with everyone who could have information on the case.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 42 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 36 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton 18 min ago
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina 18 min ago
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen 16 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
42 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos