Missing Chicago boy found dead
A missing Chicago boy has been found dead at a relative's home in Minneapolis.
Four-year-old Demond Reed had been missing since Wednesday. He was staying with relatives in Minneapolis.
Originally, police believed a family friend may have taken the boy and could be headed to Chicago. Sunday morning, police found Demond's body in the house where he was staying.
Police say they have someone in custody. The family says that person is a relative.
"You see it all the time, but you never think in your family. You never think. She had to snap. I don't know what's wrong with her. She needs help," said Charmon Brown, the boy's grandmother. "Now all I have is this picture, this memory of him with his smile. God has him and he's a child of God. He's in God's care."
Police say they are still talking with everyone who could have information on the case.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 11 min ago
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos