Missing Chicago boy found dead
A missing Chicago boy has been found dead at a relative's home in Minneapolis.
Four-year-old Demond Reed had been missing since Wednesday. He was staying with relatives in Minneapolis.
Originally, police believed a family friend may have taken the boy and could be headed to Chicago. Sunday morning, police found Demond's body in the house where he was staying.
Police say they have someone in custody. The family says that person is a relative.
"You see it all the time, but you never think in your family. You never think. She had to snap. I don't know what's wrong with her. She needs help," said Charmon Brown, the boy's grandmother. "Now all I have is this picture, this memory of him with his smile. God has him and he's a child of God. He's in God's care."
Police say they are still talking with everyone who could have information on the case.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 8 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice 8 min ago
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 21 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
8 min ago