Murder charges filed against 21-year old
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Murder charges have been filed against a man in connection with a fatal shooting this past weekend.
The victim's body was burned in a fire at a South Side funeral home.
Twenty-one-year-old Pervis Redmond turned himself in to authorities early Thursday.
Police say he was identified as the gunman who shot 33-year old Antoin Gates at a party Sunday night.
Gates' family had his body taken to Leak and Sons' funeral home. Early Tuesday, a fire broke out in a preparation room, burning Gates' body and 6 others.
Gates' funeral will be held next Monday.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 42 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 50 min ago
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 7 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog 19 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos