Murder charges filed against 21-year old
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Murder charges have been filed against a man in connection with a fatal shooting this past weekend.
The victim's body was burned in a fire at a South Side funeral home.
Twenty-one-year-old Pervis Redmond turned himself in to authorities early Thursday.
Police say he was identified as the gunman who shot 33-year old Antoin Gates at a party Sunday night.
Gates' family had his body taken to Leak and Sons' funeral home. Early Tuesday, a fire broke out in a preparation room, burning Gates' body and 6 others.
Gates' funeral will be held next Monday.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds